Monday, April 19, 2010

The Alchemist

ALSO whilst I am in the blogging mood! I never wrote what I thought about The Alchemist! I have to say that it was VERY hard going from reading all the very High Brow books to something so fun and simple! It was kind of nice to be able to shut my brain off for a second and just relax and read! No MaMaLuJo and Paddybarkes echo good safe firelamp bappy go gully! No talk of eggs, Shem, Shaun, or Issy! No Burnt, Giddings, Salvages! However (of course) there was the whole theme of "the eternal returen" and the act of beinging where one started and knowing the place for the first time so point proven, High Brow and Low Brow are very much one in the same in the very simpilist of ways. I like that we had to read that book, it was really calming to have such an easy read yet at the end of it I found myself a little in aw that I had just read this entire book and the whole point was that the treasure was where he had begun, and I was also somewhat annoyed at this because there is so much that goes into the High Brow books. There is the theme of coming back to where one started, the eternal return but on top of that there is five other themes lolling around in the book as well, and on top of THAT perhaps the book happens to be in a DREAM LANGUAGE???? So yes I was somewhat stunned when I realized that was all that there was to The Alchemist, yet as I mentioned it was a very nice break!

No comments:

Post a Comment