Monday, April 5, 2010

Items in Room

I have a large picture on my wall directly across from my bed, it is huge and it is of some species of purple flowers that I have always been unsure of. Below this gigantic picture is my desk. A white desk, very old. The desk was given to me by my sister who decided one day that she hated the thing and that it was ugly-- I have yet to be grasped by a surge of hate for the desk although many people do comment on the ugliness of the white desk. Atop the ugly desk is my lap top, my crappy, crappy dell that continually shuts down of its own accord and cannot be unplugged from the wall. Dear dell I hate you. There is a framed picture of my dad and I dancing at my brothers wedding in Texas, I love that picture. There is a crappy lamp that my mother pawned off to me from her collection of junk, this lamp matches my ugly desk. Lastly there is a crappy, crappy Dell printer to match my crappy laptop, this printer is just as moody as the laptop. The contents of the drawers I will not go into, maybe I will save that for the listing blog. Next I have a little white cabinet next to my ugly white desk, within this cabinet are all the wonders of make up and hair accessories. Atop my little white cabinet is my brown jewelry box over flowing with gobs of costume jewelry that I will hopefully never wear into public although I love every piece very much (almost as much as my ugly white desk, and my crappy laptop). I have old roses that are crunching onto the top of my dresser from Valentines day-- I should probably throw those away-- and a picture of my childhood friend and I together in Texas, and another framed photo of my family right beside it. My picture frames are ugly and tacky. They are large obnoxious flowers on one of them and the other looks like a boa that belongs to a cheep Vegas stripper, this frame is pink feathered. Do not ask why I have such a profound love of tacky things because I do not understand it either. I have my handy dandy elephant piggy bank, that is much too full because of my horrible spending habits and my constant in flow of change left over from these spending habits. I have a yoga mat shoved in the corner of my room-- much too unused-- and some paper lamps that are also much too rarely used. Ah and now for my bed, it is a huge brass bed that looks like something that floated to shore when the Titanic sank-- anther one of my mothers treasures that she pawned off on me. Covering my brassy wonder of a bed is what my boyfriend describes as a "grandma's comforter" maybe it is just another one of my tacky collections or maybe college kids can't recognize good taste, I am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment