Sunday, April 25, 2010

Final Paper conflict and the Blogs that have inspired me...

Once again I just went to skim through some blogs to try and get ideas and I ended up reading Doug's entire blog-- I mean every single one he has written for this class. His writing is very pleasant and personal, yet still intellectual-- I would like to write like he does some day. Then as I went on I clicked on Zach's blog for his final paper just to see what he was writing. He wrote that he scraped his entire idea of relating Buddhism to T.S. Elliot's poetry, I have to say I can't blame him. I have already scraped two of my idea's for this damned paper and I may do it again! I was going to write my neat little story about how a character goes through all of the stories we have read and incorporate all of the works and all of the things I got from class into the characters travels but went out to dinner last night with my girlfriends and one of them being an elementary education major (a very smart girl) was telling me what she planned to write for her 200 level class that she has with Dr. Sexson. I have to admit I was a little discouraged when she relayed to me the exact same story idea I was going to do. Perhaps we are both creative and intelligent or perhaps I am lowering the bar for myself (I know this all sounds very rude and mean of me but it is just how I feel) I cannot help but wonder am I being too low brow? Is that just the way I am right now? Thus I now cannot decide whether I should be writing from personal experience or of the travels of a fun character? Perhaps I shall write both! A high brow and a low brow version of my final paper?! Ha! If I have time that is... I will write my next blog as a blue print for the high brow version (as high brow as I can get).

No comments:

Post a Comment