Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pessimistic Thoughts on the Eternal occurrence

"As Dr. Sexson says, you've all been here before, you're the same class I taught last year, and the year before and twenty years ago and we still haven't gotten it."

I copied this from Rio's blog page where he was talking about what to write for his final paper. I have been reading others blogs very frantically in an attempt to come up with ten blogs by Monday (at least! Ha we will see) and I continue to come across Rio's (sorry Rio, not blog stalking you!) anyways I really liked where he was going with this quote that he got from Dr. Sexson. It really makes me feel very small when things are put into such terms as eternal occurrence and reincarnation. Perhaps one goes through an entire lifetime just for one small moment and one small situation to do differently, a 'glitch' so to speak. What if all of our lives came down to one tiny moment in our life, this moment could happen when we are three or perhaps seventy who knows? Or perhaps it will not happen at all perhaps we will miss our chance for this opportunity of profound learning and change and we shall just have to wait until the next life time? I have not read much into reincarnation so to those that have this may all seem very mundane and simple but to me it is my first time to really think about it and I must admit it arises a very hopeful feeling along with a very scared feeling. Hopeful because I like the idea of being given a second chance yet scared because if each tiny thing in a day is so special and could amount to such a giant impact it is hard for me to keep my mind still. I believe that I may be realizing for the first time or maybe for one of many times, that every day counts, and beyond that, every moment, every second counts. I am not sure how to act with such knowledge, usually I would just lay in bed and let the knowledge wash over me. I should get up though, I should try and make it all count, but it just seems to me that there is so much pressure, so much weight on every moment that it is hard to not want to give up. I am at a loss, I do not know what to think. Perhaps I should try to be a bit more optimistic about the whole situation...?

No comments:

Post a Comment